The town of Náchod was established by the knight Hron in 1254. It covers both shores of the river Metuje and is situated near the Polish border. Josef Škvorecký, a famous writer, was born here and a monument was built in his memory as well as an educational trail that leads through the town. The town life is guarded by a baroque chateau which watches after it from a hill.
We cannot forget the Dobroš fortress, which was part of a two infantry, two artillery cabin, turning artillery tower, turning mortar tower and entrance construction plan. Neither should we forget the Dobrošov tourist lookout tower from which, in good weather conditions, Krkonoše and Sněžka can be seen. The Adršpach-Teplice Rocks are on the opposite side of Náchod. In the direction of Hradec Králové there is a so called East Czech sea, which is the water basin Rozkoš.